Saturday, July 19, 2014

Zest Up your Life.

“What Hunger is in relation to food, Zest is in relation to life.”
                                                                                         Bertrand Russell

‘Zest’ a very small and simple word from the English vocabulary but carries a very deep and heavy meaning within it. In simple words Zest means Vigorous and enthusiastic enjoyment in the life. But if we see the practicality zest is the main element which shapes our life, sets our goals and makes it worth living and unforgettable. Any and everything can Zest up your life but sometime we notice it and some other we don’t. Well it’s all tough to recall and above that tougher to chose from them that which one was the best one and which was the least. So I have summed up few of them here to share with you guys. 


It wasn't a very developed era then, I was a kid studying in class six, exploring the world the way I could and watching the nation grow wiser and wealthier in terms of technology and facilities. And one day I heard of a cool gadget which was wireless and could be carried out in pocket, yes I am talking about a cell phone a very common thing nowadays but it wasn't this easy to get hold of one those days. So my grandfather gifted me a colored handset which were very rare those days and believe you me I was on cloud nine. It was a zestful moment to possess one of this equipment those days. I loved it and loved it from the core of my heart and yes it made my life zestful, and to my surprise it still does.


I hardly remember was it out of necessity or just love that my dad gave a lesson on how to ride a bike. Well it’s always a Mumma’s boy and a daddy’s daughter we hear of. And so it was with me and it is till date. Nevertheless I love my dad a lot and above all I respect him more than anyone. But there has been a boundary between us, some may call it negligence but I call it respect. Suddenly one evening my dad asked me weathers I am interested to learn how to ride a bike? I thought am I? And there was a loud answer ‘yes’ echoing from everywhere. So willingly or unwillingly I said him yes. And that evening it was just me, myself and my dad, he trying to teach me how to handle the clutch of the bike and I trying to learn it all at once. And the result, I am an expert rider now. You may think what’s very special in that but yes it was zestful for me. I still remember each and every moment of that lesson and above all I could ride a bike on my own after that.


I was done with my studies and was in search of a job, although I had a few of them in my pocket but I wasn't satisfied with them or in other words fate had decided something big very big for me. One of my faculties admired my talent a lot and he offered me to go for a job in the USA. Firstly I was confused and was all messed up what to do and what not to. Taking a step so big could have ruined my career if it wouldn't have worked in my favor. But keeping everything on stake I applied for a job in an international hotel and restaurant chain and to my surprise was selected too. But the toughest part was the visa interview. It’s too hard to convince the visa embassy officers that all you want is to gain some foreign exposer and nothing else. I was so zestful to crack the interview and keep a foot on the States and thus I did. It was one of the most proud and zestful moment of my life.


When I was a kid I used to be so religious and followed each and every step of Hinduism to worship the Gods and Goddesses. But a sudden turnoff event turned my world upside down. And as a result I lost my faith it them I still lack that. And it was that summer I heard that Mr. Harinder Anand a man like us a government employee says that Lord Shiva whom I worshiped once cold be my teacher too. In the beginning it felt all stupid to me but as the time passed I felt that this was the zest I was looking for. And by his grace I got it in my life. I still remember the situation when I accepted him as my teacher and became his disciple and this was the zestful moment which shaped my life spiritually and normally.


It has been a common tradition to meet someone over a cup of coffee at CCD or Barista, but for me it wasn't any one of them instead I met a girl at a family restaurant, I was at her birthday party an uninvited guest just joined a common friend to crash her party. I was so moved and touched by her behavior that I gave her a call back as soon as I returned back and proposed her. It was a zestful moment for my life but it didn't last long as she declined my proposal and instead proposed to be good friends. You must be aware of a phrase “beggars are not choosers” and so was the condition with me. We became friends carried out our relation as a good friend for two years and then I proposed her again. This time it was a yes. But it was too late as we were on the verge of finish our academics and I had a job in the USA. But the most zestful moment was yet to come. After a long period of stay in the states I returned back on finish of my visa tenure and there she was still unmarried or on the verge of getting married and I proposed her again and this time it had our parents involved but again this interacts system was ready to crush us down but above all our love won and today we have been married for last three years loving each other unconditionally and sharing each and every zestful  moment together.


Life could be easy and hard on us but it’s us who decide to live with it or leave it and shape it on our own way by his grace. We both did that for our lives and today we have so many zestful moments to love, live and share.
               


This post is a part of the #ZestUpYourLife activity in association with TATA Zest and BlogAdda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment