Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Vacation of my Dream with Skyscanner.

Travelling places has been my passion and going to the unknown my fantasies. Although I didn't get much of an opportunity to plan and execute a Vacation. It was a regular boring, boredom and self hanging situation at my office. With the lean season of the business all we had to do was sit and stare the monitors of our desktop every minute of every hour of everyday. In short we were bored to death. My desk phone rang suddenly. “Good morning, Rakesh here, may I help you?” I replied. “Boss wants to see you at his office in a bit.” Said the voice on the phone. “Sure I will be there in no time.” I replied and hanged up the phone.


“May I come in Sir?” “Yes you may.” So I entered the office and my boss asked me to make myself comfortable. And I sat on the chair just in front of him. “Do you know the present stats of our Company Mr. Ranjan?” asked my Boss in a firm voice. “Yes sir we are doing pretty well in spite of the lean season.” I replied with a tone of confidence in my voice. “Well I believe it if you say so”, said the boss. “Thank You sir” I replied in gratitude. “You may leave now and don’t forget to say thank you to my secretary.”


With my mind all in puzzles I left the room thinking why do I need to thank his secretary. Well I had to do if he asked for, after all boss is always right. So I straight went to Miss Dutta and said her thank you. She handed me an envelope and said that I only need to thank her after opening it. So I opened it. Men I kept looking at the piece of paper with my jaws dropped and finally it was miss Dutta’s voice which brought me back to the reality. Ohhh God I was promoted to the Vice president post and the Boss has gifted me a voucher of some Skyscanner website worth Rs. 1, 00,000 for a vocational tour any where I wanted.


The rest of the day was so tough to pass at the office, I called up the wife and asked her to pack up our bags for a vacation. Finally the long day at the office ended and I rushed back home and gave the good news to my sweetheart and said that we were leaving for a vacation to Dubai. She asked me about the tickets, visa and hotel. And I showed her the voucher that I had been given. So I took out my lappy and opened my browser and opened the website www.skyscaner.co.in . First I thought that it was going to be a heck of a job booking everything here but I found the site very user friendly a few clicks here and there and a few details was all it took to set me up finally.


So I booked a return flight from Kolkata to Dubai for Rs.41532 it was Emirates flight I booked.

 The second item on my list was a hotel so I booked Ja Jebel Ali Beach Hotel for Rs. 24593 for the whole package of room rent, Morning breakfast and dinner. And the best thing was that the hotel was only a mile away from the central Dubai.

 Last but not the least item on my list was a car for pickup and drops and local site seeing so I booked a Mini Honda Brio for Rs. 3782.

 And I was all done I spending Rs. 69908 and was still left out with 30092 for my visa.



I never thought that Skyscanner could have been so user friendly and easy to go on with. I am familiar with so many ticket booking and travelling sites but to my surprise I had never came across such an interesting and easy to work on and find thing of your requirements so easily. I would use this website for my further vacation or business tour planning and I also would recommend this sites to my friends if they have a vacation on their mind.           
This post is a part of Skyscanner travel wizard activity at BlogAdda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment