Sunday, October 19, 2014

#GharWaliDiwali

Diwali is a festival of light. But for me the special light is the love and care that we share when we celebrate any festival in a family together as we say that there no diwali like #GharwaliDiwali visit the link https://www.gharwalidiwali.com/ .  We all try to be with our family and loved ones on Diwali although sometimes we never know what the fate has decided for us.
Here today I am sharing my story of Diwali where the Love of the family was something which even tended the fate. It was year 2011 and I was too busy with my Visa paper work as I was supposed to fly to USA for my new job.
I was so busy with my interview preparation and paper work that I almost forgot that diwali was on the edge of the moth.  Ahh yeah I forgot to mention that I am a big diwali freak. I like everything about this Hindu festival although I don’t have anything to do with Rama returning home after 14 years to banwas.
So I went for the interview and luckily got over with it and was to leave India within 10 days for my job.  But when I had a glance over my room calendar I was so devastated to find that diwali was 12th day from that day and I was supposed to leave couple of days before Diwali. Man I was so sad and disappointed that I forgot that I just cracked USA visa interview and was going to the Sates very soon.
That night I went to bed early without having my dinner, I was so confused what to do and was a bit mad at myself too. I was mad because I was the one to book plane tickets two day before the Diwali day. My family was stressed up to and I could see that from my parents face, although they kept on saying that beta career is the main thing and bla and bla and more bla. I don’t know what they said because I didn’t listened.
And days passed by with a heavy heart and a weak flickering soul I packed my bags, I loved to celebrate this festival with my family a lot and this time I wasn’t going to be there on Diwali and all because of my stupid fault.  And within six to seven days I was all prepared to leave India.
But something miraculous happened the night before I was supposed to leave. As it was going to be hack of a journey the next night I retired early to the bed. But I was waken up with a sudden bang on my door I was startled, I woke up looked my watch and found that it was just 10 pm. I opened the door and too my surprise I found my whole family standing by the door and cheering up in a huge tone HAPPY DIWALI.  And before I could have understood anything Mom and Dad came forward and gave me a hug and said, “Beta tum ho yoh hamere parw aur taohaar hain tum nahi to akele akele inka maja kya hai, tum kal jaa rahe ho toh humne socha aaj hin diwali kyo na mana le, aakhir jan ghar wale saath honge tabhi toh diwali hogi.”   (Son all our festivals are enjoyable when you are there with us, and celebrating a festival alone is of no fun so we decided to celebrate diwali today because its inly diwali when all of us are together). And all could say them was thatnx just give me one moment and believe me I straight went to the washroom and turned the tap on and cried, I still don’t know why did I do that but I felt good.

We celebrated diwali well very well indeed with all our family members and it was one among the best Diwali of my life. And when I saw this videoPepsiCo #GharWaliDiwali film the memory of my that Diwali came back.
Wish you all a very happy and safe Diwali.

No comments:

Post a Comment